WB Employment is looking for experienced Seamstresses.
Our client a long established business is looking for qualified, highly skilled seamstress to join their team.
The majority of our work is interior, heavy textiles and marine in industrial materials for varied client base.
- Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
- Approves materials by inspecting materials for flaws
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
- Maintains quality by inspecting finished product.
- Adjusts machine performance on material by observing machine operation; detecting malfunctions; adjusting settings
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains materials and supplies inventory by checking materials and supplies to determine inventory level; anticipating needed materials and supplies; placing and expediting orders for materials and supplies; verifying receipt of materials and supplies.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Must be able to use sewing machines to a high level
- Measuring, marking out, cutting all shapes and sizes of cushions with a variety of different fabrics
- Be able to work on own initiative at times
- Reliability, flexible approach and good team work skills
Temporary to Permanent positions are available for the right candidates.
– Monday to Friday;
£8.00 to £11.00/hour depending on experience.
Own transport desirable due to location.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply below and our recruitment team will be in contact!