WB Employment are looking for several assembly operatives for a site based in Fistponds, Bristol. If you are mechanically minded, are able to follow instructions and have an eye for detail this could be the job for you.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To convert individual component parts into complete assemblies ready for test and calibration.
- To pack completed product to its relevant sales order.
- To assemble electrical assemblies from kits issued by the storeman.
- To assemble mechanical sub-assemblies from kits issued by the storeman.
- To combine electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies into completed product.
- To pack finished and tested product into specific packaging systems.
- To keep working area tidy and free from product and tools un-associated with the job in hand.
- To work at all times to relevant company processes and work instructions.
- To assist the storeman in the organisation and recording of stock items.
- To assist in the completion of despatch paperwork.
- To assist in the preparation of product document packaging.
- To assist the team leader in conducting product burn-in.
Key Result Areas:
- To achieve the timely completion of all tasks set.
- To have a right first time approach to all activities.
- To be completely conversant with the procedures and work instructions that are relevant to set tasks.
- Implement and adhere to Personnel Policy, including: OH&S, Equal Opportunity and discipline.
- This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
Key attributes you should have:
Assembly Operative – Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in both electronic and mechanical assembly.
- Awareness of the company’s health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures and part numbers.
- Understanding of company practices and procedures as laid down in the
- Employee Handbook.
- An understanding of the causes of static and its effect on circuitry.
- Critical Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with peers and production co-ordinator.
- Ability to get on with all types of people.
- Dexterity and co-ordination.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy goods.
Core Competencies and Attitude:
- Safety Awareness
- Achieving Results
- Work/Job Competence
- Quality Focus.
Working Practices – Direct Staff
Fixed lunch break: 12:30 – 13:00. Fixed tea breaks: 10:00 – 10:15 and 15:00 – 15:15.
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm (1 x 30 minute brake form 12.30 to 1pm)
Friday 8am to 12.30pm ( no lunch brake)
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV and a member of WB Employment will be in touch to go through the position in more detail.